A Full Day in Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 24th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Notre DamNotre DamNotre Dam

Didn't see the hunchback.
Today was a busy, awesome, tiring, amazing day. I got dropped off at the Arc D' Triumph. We didn't actually check it out. We walked up Champs d' Elysse (sp?) which has MAJOR shopping. I bought an Eeyore pillow from the Disney store and we went into the Louis Vaton store (I have no idea what the big deal is) as well as Sephora (love that place but prices were more than Canada so I'll get it there). Then we walked all along the way to Notre Dam. I'm not sure how far it is, but it took us all afternoon. We shopped a bit here and there. I bought some postcards and old black and white prints of the Eiffel Tower. It's almost like a little market all along the river, with people selling all sorts of things to tourists. Mostly photos and paintings. At a small shop near Notre Dam I bought a black scarf and a shot glass. Karen bought an umbrella because it started to rain. When it starts to rain you realize how quickly the guys on the street selling stuff bring out their umbrellas to sell!

We didn't have to wait long to get
Do the Can Can!Do the Can Can!Do the Can Can!

The Moulin Rouge, I love that movie.
into Notre Dam. It was gorgeous, with really big stained glass windows. It was quit dark inside of there. Like everything else so far, we walked through it and out again quite quickly. We walked back to the bus pick up- all of this took us from 11:00-4:00.

We came back to the campsite to get ready for out night out! We were going out for supper, our first optional excursion. Too bad it was raining, but it had stopped by the time we got into Paris. Unfortunately, there was like a million steps to get up to the streets where the restaurant is- soooooooo tiring! Karen and I had also skipped out on lunch so we didn't have much energy preserved for this jaunt! We felt like crap when we finally got to the restaurant.

Supper was awesome though! French onion soup, beef burgandy, brei cheese and bread, and some raspberry cheesecake dessert. Then a little cup of coffee (so cute) and lots of wine! Walking down the hill was much more enjoyable. Some people had brough leftover wine with them and we drank out of the bottle while walking down the street- gotta love Europe! Karen
O'SullivansO'SullivansO'Sullivans

Karen & I, enjoying expensive drinks in Paris.
got Mecha to literally walk in her shoes (heals even). Got video!!

We stopped near the Moulin Rouge. Sweet! Everyone went to the optional cabaret show except for me, Karen, Amy, and Allanah (2 New Zealanders). We went to O'Sullivans, which was 2 doors down from the Moulin Rouge (I would have went there if that was the cabaret show offered). 12 euro for a long island iced tea there, 5 euro for a shot (Karen bought us all cocksucking cowboys), and 5 euro for a glass of wine. We ended up sitting by a tour manager of another contiki tour! We were sitting outside, which was awesome. I appreciated that experience more than I would have the cabaret show, I think. After a while they close off the outside sitting area and the back part of the pub opens up to more of a night club with a dance floor. We went in there for a bit. We had to meet up with the bus at midnight.

The ride home was fun because everyone was drunk. Mecha played tributes to all of the countries. Ours was "I am, you know I am, I am Canadian" Awesome! Everyone was goin' crazy. Came back to the campsite and went to the bar for a couple of drinks and some conversation. Some other tours are here too. Now we are in the cabin and people are still talking outside!!

Tomorrow off to the Chateau!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb