final day in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 6th 2008
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Gallaries LafayetteGallaries LafayetteGallaries Lafayette

leading up to the dome,,, this is only the Women's section... there is another building for homewares and another for mens...
today is our last day in Paris... it is kinda sad to be leaving here... i have really enjoyed it and feel really comfortable here... i know my way around our area and know the metro system well enough to get me around without a map too often, and yeah... it's been nice...

so we celebrated today by taking it cruisy... a nice sleep in... a lazy breakfast and then stumbled through Notre Dame to take some piccies as we didn't have cameras with us last time we were inside...

Then cruised around a bit and slowly headed up to Lafayette via a Perfume Museum... The perfume museum was free, rather short, but was fun to see all the old bottles and lables and try and work out what is still in existence (and mum working out what her grandmother used to have!)

Lafayette was pretty massive... they have an unreal dome in their ceiling... mum got a good shot on her SLR... my blackberry didn't have the ability to change apertures so you all just get a very bad shot of it instead... anyway, back to the shop... which is what it is... a huge department store... it is a little like Harrod's, but not as well organised, but very similar concept and rather large... saw a few things which were nice, but were overall rather bored by it all pretty quick... i much prefer Harrods, especially in sale time!!!

We went up to Clingincourt as there is a massive markets out there, but they weren't open today... only a handful of stores, and mostly shoe shops!!! Honestly, if anyone wants either Converse Chuck Taylor's or Vans for 35 Euro this is the place to go!! loads of them...

Came back to the Moulin Rouge as i wanted to see the infamous windmill... grabbed photos and people watched for a while which was fun... cops were pulling over people at random and we were trying to work out why... still don't know, but made up some great stories in the mean time hehehe...

Slowly made our way back to the hotel... grabbed baguettes for dinner and have had a really cruisy night... had a glass of wine and went for a walk, not it is just a matter of making sure we are all set for Zurich tomorrow...

i know it probably doesn't sound like we did much... but it was a really great day of just mum and i hanging out together... wandering down streets we hadn't gone down yet, and just chilling out really! nice end to Paris and some more happy memories from here 😊



Advertisement



Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb