Shabbas in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
March 29th 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We slept in again on Sat morning (I know, we keep sleeping in, but hey, we're on vacation and we're tired) and repeated our breakfast routine of coffee, crepes, and jam. Since it was still Shabbas and we're all good Jewish girls by default, today would be a day of walking until sundown at 8pm. So I put on my nice walking shoes and we headed out for the day.

We made the 30 minute trek to Notre Dame from our hostel. And keeping in fashion with how we've been able to find all of our major sights so far, we did a 360 turn before realizing that we had made it. "Excuse me, can you please tell me where the Eiffel tower is?" Go us. Anyways, Notre Dame was absolutely amazing. Im beginning to realize that all of the churches in Europe are waaay cooler than any church I've been to back in the states. And not to mention that lots of very old and very cool people are buried in them. It was only fitting that our very first church on our trip was the infamous Notre Dame (we would be ending with St. Peter's in the Vatican). We like to do things up right.

After Notre Dame we were on the hunt for this awesome crepe place that Gajal remembered from the last time that she was here. We didn't find it, but we still found a pretty awesome crepe stand...I was happy enough. We still had some more time to kill since the sun was still up so we continued to walk around and check out other sights (and maybe did a little bit more souvenir shopping). We ventured over to the Bastille, where we chanced upon some sort of protest that we didn't understand. More walking around and shopping and then we headed back to the hostel around 5pm to rest up for the night ahead.

We headed out again around 8pm, found a really cute Italian restaurant for dinner, and decided that we would cash in on our wine, pizza, and pasta a little earlier. I mean, how different could it be in France? It was nice to finally have a decent meal that we could sit down and enjoy. And besides, we needed to carb load for our night out in the Latin Quarter. Ok, so it really wasn't that much of a rager...but it was still fun. We ended up at a small Piano Bar where we enjoyed another glass of wine and some French people trying to sing American songs. It didn't sound too bad. We stayed at the Piano bar for a little while and then headed home because we had to get up pretty early the next morning.

Last night in Paris, good riddance!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb