Bonjour


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour! We are back from Paree!!! Nathan and Mitchell's favorite thing to say--"we went oui oui (wee wee) in Paree!" I am so proud. You can see the culture of this trip is really wearing off on him. We went to the top of the Eiffel Tower--it was very exciting going up--freaked me out a little bit because we zipped right up! You could see all of Paris from up there. And guess what, they have a statue of liberty as well!! We went to Notre Dame, walked along the Seine, took a boat cruise on the Seine, went to the Louvre-saw the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo and some other art stuff. We went to the Moulin Rouge--some very interesting sights in that area, if ya know what I mean. We went to Montmartre where the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur is, and which has the highest point in Paris. The view from up there was beautiful! There were so many cute little cafes. We stopped this morning for crepes and the man who makes the crepes was very friendly. We talked with him alot and I think he had fun with us! He asked for a kiss on the cheek which I gave him, then he kissed my other cheek, then--smack--on the lips!! tried to miss it but couldn't!! you were right about those french men, mom! We went to the Arc de Triomph--did not go to the top--figured we saw enough from the Eifel Tower and Montemartre. I allowed the boys to taste wine--Dan declined, Nathan tried it. Took a sip that barely wet his lips--and he thought he might be drunk. yep--he is sooo cultured. Dan's favorite building in Paris--a big skyscraper known as the mistake.
We fit as much as we could in our 2 days in Paris. It was an awesome trip!

Advertisement



29th June 2007

I should have Zach or Chris write in French for you! Oh, well...Sounds like you are having the time of your life. Going to the Louvre is one of my dreams! During Art Appreciation one year...not sure which son's class....we asked the children why they thought the Mona Lisa was smiling like she is, and one of them said they thought she smelled something stinky:) You all must be exhausted, but what a wonderful experience for the 3 of you. I bet the boys get the travel bug big time after this! Start saving for more big vacations:) Enjoy:) Stay safe. xo

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb