Home Sweet Home


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We flew home yesterday. Got in at 700PM which to us was 100 AM Germany time. We finally got back home at 1100. On our way home we started our descent and I was able to see the ground. We flew over the Susquehanna River and Wrightsville!! Our travels home went very smoothly. It is good to be home. I missed Jack and Mark. When we came out at the airport Jack ran up to me and wouldn't let go. This morning I awoke and was sick-turns out Joann and Mitchell are too. We think we got food poisoning from the airplane food.
Our last day in Germany we went to another castle that was near Tracy's house and then played games. Other than that we packed and cleaned up to come home. Tracy and her 3 children were wonderful hosts. We felt welcomed there right away. Her house is very cute. We were in her downstairs apartment so we had plenty of space. She made meals for us and chauffered us around at times. Thanks, Tracy! Joann, Mitchell, and Miranda were great traveling partners. I don't think many other kids could have kept that pace and kept a good attitude. Joann was our map/metro reader and got us where we needed to go. Thanks, Joann!!
Some thoughts on Europe: They are very concerned about their enviroment. They count the trees and if you cut one down you have to plant a new one. They control the sprawl and don't allow building in excess. They drive tiny little smart cars. They have beautiful flowers everywhere. But then they smoke like chimneys. I don't get it.
They drink their drinks warm. You have to beg to get a little ice and that is exactly what you get-a little ice. Oh and nothing is complimentary. If you want ketchup you have to pay for it.
They obviously don't have the rules and regulations that we have here because in all the hotels we stayed at there was no way a wheelchair was getting into the elevators--I barely fit in there, or in the bathrooms at some of them.
There is alot of B.O. in Europe-they hardly shower and there is no airconditioning. PEYEW.
We did not observe the snooty french looking down there noses at us stupid Americans. Everyone in Paris was very nice. Austria was a different story.
It is beautiful over there. Alot of the landscape we saw in Germany and France was similar to home. Lots of farmland. Then they have the Alps which are breathtaking. Maybe we'll get back there someday.


I am attempting to add some photos. If there are not any here with this blog check again tomorrow. Thanks for sharing our trip with us!
Maggie, Dan, Nate

Advertisement



2nd July 2007

Welcome home!! Glad to know that you are all home and safe and had such a wonderful time. Would love to see your pictures some day:) XO

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb