Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 30th 2006
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Continued from the last entry:

The next day we went to Paris and the bus ride was super long and we got into Paris late. We checked into the hotel and loaded back onto the bus and went for a whirlwind mini tour of Paris. We saw the louvre and the place where Marie Antoinette was jailed among other things. Louise tricked us into staring at this building to see something "really cool" and that something was the lit up Eiffel Tower. Then she said, "Can we get off? No." and everyone awwwed and then she said we had to get closer to get off and go to the top.

So we drove to the base of it and got off, hopped on an elevator and got off midway adn hopped on another elevator and went to the top. The top had an amazing view and we took a ton of blurry pics and video and then had to hurry down because the bus was leaving soon. I found Ben at the bottom after getting split up and we literally ran to the bus. It was 11:30pm by that point so we went to the hotel and checked in and some of us had some drinks in the bar.

The next day was a free day but first thing in the morning most of us opted to take the coach and get dropped off at the Louvre. We saw the three super famous works and strolled through some of the other galleries. It was weird, most of the paintings I saw either had Jesus in them, someone dying in a bed, or a girl with her boob hanging out. I saw a lot of sculptures where the person was killing a dragon, maybe dragons used to be a problem back then. The Mona Lisa was of course my favourite, she's just so cool and sassy looking. And of course it's exciting getting to see something with so much hype surrounding it and not being disappointed. After that we had a coke on the sidewalk and continued walking ot the island to see the Notre Dame. We went in and there was a service going on but we got to look around. This time we didn't lose Shaun like in Florence when we all agreed that if any of us got lost that we wouldn't exit then we lost him and watched him walk up the stairs and go out the exit without even looking for us. I was laughing sooo hard.

After Notre Dame we went across the street and me and Ben both had chocolate and banana crepes and Shaun had a Grand Marnier crepe which was the strongest and grossest food i've ever tasted. I tried a cappuccino, which was okay. We went up the Notre Dame staircase which was a lot of stairs spiralling which was dizzying. The view from the top was really awesome though. I took like 50 of the same pictures. We had to climb all the way back down the stairs which made you even more dizzy.

After that we went to the Arc de Triumph but didn't go up it. We were filming constantly just waiting for an accident to happen. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that our bus driver, Sean, took us into the chaos that is Arch de Triumph on teh coach. It was seriously the best part of the trip and they cranked the song Danger Zone while we cut off traffic to make it to the inside "lane".

We walked down Des Champs Elysses and went to McDonald's and all had a beer with our meal. We walked up to the Arch again to take the metro and saw a march going on with guys in uniform. Shaun didn't know what stop to get off at and we got off on the wrong one and went for a very long walk back to the hotel. We (me + Shaun) had to get ready to go to La Nouvelle Eve, the cabaret show. The show was really cool and afterwards we all went to O'Sullivans, a bar across the street. We all got really drunk and all the girls got hit on by the really forward and pushy Frenchies and then we went home.

The people returning to London had to get on the bus at 7:30am and I told everyone that I would get up then to say goodbye but we went to sleep at 5:30am and that didn't really work out. I was really upset when I woke up at 11am and realized that everyone was gone. I was mad at myself the whole day. Me and Shaun had to pack up our stuff and had breakfast, checked out and got a taxi to our new hotel which was really nice except the tv didn't work. WE went ot see Jim Morrison's grave and Chopin's. That graveyard was crazy and would be really scary at night. We went back to the hotel after that.

The next day was Disneyland! We went on Pirates of the Caribbean, "Phantom Manor", Indiana Jones, Space Mountain (twice), Star Tours, watched "Honey I Shrunk the Audience", the Tea Cups and then after some shopping went to the other park Walt Disney Studios. We went on the Rockin' Rollercoaster with Aerosmith, watched this Armaggedon special effects thing, a stunt show (so cool), a thing on cartoons and went on the tram ride. We probably did more stuff, but I forget.

That was yesterday and now after a long metro ride and me almost having a fit about dragging my suitcase around, we're waiting at terminal 2, A38 waiting to board our plane.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb