Life is a Baguette


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy
July 28th 2014
Published: July 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Or maybe a bottle of wine?

This week we bought some new bikes, not got round to using them yet but they are on the back of the boat ready to take us along canal paths to the nearest place to buy bread and wine. We are still in Briennon, nearly finished the cleaning and minor mods to get our new home usable. Scrubbed the hull above the waterline, cleaned fenders and reinstalled on one side.

We are still amazed at the selection of fruit and veggies available; shopping is a pleasure with everyone so polite. After years of wearing Tee shirts and shorts it is a pleasant change to be able to wear something a little more upmarket and even shoes and socks! Not sure how long the novelty will last.

Decided to have a few days touring the local area in Tilly the Van, within half an hour in any direction we have a selection of medieval villages to explore, sit in pavement cafes and watch the world go by.

For any Aussies contemplating the lifestyle, we came in on our Australian passports, did not need a visa and seem to be able to stay as long as we like as long as we don’t work or join the social welfare system. Bank accounts, cars, insurance, phones etc are all easy if you can get a Certificate of Domicile.





peter, margaret and amigo ( who has decided he loved moules more than prawns)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb