Chateaux,Charolais etc photos


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland
August 13th 2014
Published: August 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This week we decided to do a bit more touring in Tilly. The attached photos do not really do anything we have seen justice. We drive around going “look at that, there's another one, oh isn’t it pretty, isn’t it stunning etc etc.

The bilges on vintage cru are at last clean enough to pass the white glove test (well the bits we can reach are)

The engine lift pump arrived and was fitted, fixed that problem, the massive amount of smoke from the engine seems to have disappeared, probably not having been run for a few years was most of the issue.

We made some blinds for the bow windows, stop some of the curious people looking in and keeps the sun out. We bought a 50 euro sewing machine from the supermarket, compared to the Sailrite we have on Swara it seems like a toy but it did the job.

Life is not all paradise here in Briennon, we got in Tilly one day to find some swine had stolen our windscreen wipers, must admit that’s a first.
We are full of fuel and ready to go. Casting off the lines from this delightful place is going to be hard but there are many other wonderful places waiting for us, and as Mark Twain said ” Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. Throw off the bowlines and go”. Lucky us if we are around in 20 years! (And what about the stern lines?)


There are dozens of museums to visit wherever we go, but we tend to not go in as they seem to be full of old stuff that has seen better days. (Anyone want a second hand suit of armour?)



As we drive around the countryside, the fields are full of the most wonderful green grass and perfect white Charolais cows. We have tried the Charolais beef and in our opinion it is overpriced and very tough, considering the cows have such a wonderful life you think the beef would be so yummy.(sorry Mona)



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.362s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1002s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb