New Van


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy
July 22nd 2014
Published: July 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We are into our third week now; we have bought an utilitaire (a van in French) a 3 year old Renault kangoo, which we naturally have named Matildas.

The cleaning is still ongoing but we have done most of it now and a few more days will see it done. The Bow and stern cabins are finished and look great. Amigo has settled in, he says he has been waiting years for his own cabin with ensuite. The new water heater, stove, Weber barbeque, are all working well.

Had our 41st wedding anniversary on board some new friend’s boat, at least they were friends until the next day when the effects of all the wine and pastis were blamed on us.

After 28 years on Swara in all sorts of conditions Marg fell overboard the other day, she just missed all the handholds on Swara. Although she bashed her back on a pontoon cleat she did offer to scrub the sides when she was in the water, just as she fell in the tourist barge arrived with 40 guests who thought it was all part of the entertainment.

The automatic washing machine which has been relocated to the laundry has been going flat out .after years of hand washing on Swara Marg reckons it’s the bee’s knees.

Advertisement



25th July 2014

Great blog!
Hello Peter and Margaret, We love reading your blog and it's great to catch up on what you have been doing. We are still in New Caledonia, living on our boat and plan to go back to Australia in 2016 as we have been granted permanent residency. Hope to read more of your adventures ! Denis and Veronica

Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb