Exploring Quiberon Peninsula by Scooter


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Quiberon
June 15th 2015
Published: June 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Set off at a leisurely pace again today as we’re in holiday chill mode. We went first of all to the ferry terminal in Quiberon centre and booked return tickets for tomorrow for 2 adults and a scooter to visit Belle Ile en Mer.



Back on the scooter we rode along the Cote Sauvage, the western side of the peninsula. We stopped for coffee at Le Vivier, which we’ve walked to before from the aire a kilometre further along, and walked across the rocky outcrop, as everyone else was doing, just because it is there and because we could.



We drove right along the coast stopping in a couple of places to stroll along the clifftops. Spotted two families of gulls with fluffy babies and wondered how many of the little balls of fluff fall to their doom on the rocks below instead of flying off into the sunset. They looked rather perilously perched to us and there was certainly no consideration given, in the gull kingdom, to health and safety. I jest !



We stopped again at Portivy on another little spit of land sticking out into the sea. The cliff top is fenced off in order to let the natural vegetation grow back and it was all very pretty and incredibly peaceful. A lovely spot to stroll.



Next stop Saint-Pierre Quiberon on the other side of the peninsula. We found our way to the harbour and a very nice Creperie overlooking the water. Made an excellent choice for lunch of smoked salmon in a roulade of galette served with melon and we added an assiette of frites to go with it as we were sharing.



Back on the scooter, a little further north as I wanted to stop at the isthmus (lovely word I remember from my school geography lessons) to take a photo with the sea on either side. There is one included here somewhere.



Then back down to Quiberon along the main road, stopping just to pick up a few essential food supplies. Bob’s beer overfilled the scooter boxes so he had to ride with bottles of water and wine in a bag at his feet.



Another swim as I do like to do my daily 20 lengths. A little chilly later as an evil bit of wind has made an appearance but it promises to be totally sunny tomorrow so that’s great.



Off now to see if the sun sets as prettily as it did last night. The beach is the best place to check so that is where we are going.



PS: No sunset. Nice walk though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb