The time has come


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Sauveterre-de-Béarn
November 2nd 2006
Published: November 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

With a feeling of deja vu we once again spent yesterday packing all our worldly possessions into the car filling every possible space to begin the road trip to France. The difference being this time it’s for good. And the car is a little more spacious ;o)

Cornelius has sadly gone, but never forgotten, to a lovely new owner who is going to keep the name- good girl.

We also have a number of new team members to introduce as this time the trip is not just Benny and I. Below are the more printable details fo the crew for mega trip number 2.


Cadbury (aka The Rat Catcher)
Height: dependent on what we make him carry on his head
Weight: heavy and makes me feel better
Age: you never ask a lady!

Cadbury - mean, sleek and ever so beautiful, but a bit like George from Of Mice and men - a little slow. 2.5 litres of sheer turbo diesal brute. Yes the landy has been done. The guys from Liverage 4x4 pulled out all the stops and turned an old rusty spanish heap into a glittering model of beauty.

Vixster (aka Nosher)
Height: 5'7" but all depends on heels
Age: Cow is younger than me! 29

What can be said about Vicki that won't land me in court..... hmmm. Key strengths include being able to imbibe body weight in rose and still be able to dance the night away. staple diet is cheese and chocolate - not sure how we are going to get her on the plane back! - she might need to be drugged in a Mr T stylie - Crazy Fool!

Matty J (aka Monkey #1)
Height: 5'10" (but again you should see him in heels!)
Age: a tender 32

With Matt's inability to keep his glass upright at all times this could be an expensive trip - but with his favourite tipple coming in at only 1 euro 28 per litre I think he will survive! He will finally also have to face his nemesis - THE WOOD TERMITE. How will he cope?

Crispy (aka Monkey #2 or that Bloke from Coldplay)
Height: 5'10"
Age: ha ha ha ha ha ha

Tax is not Chris' only strength - which is good coz it means he actually has friends. Willing to give everything a go - the cuisine and culture of France could be very inviting for him - he particularly likes sausage, but he could be trying snails frogs legs, ox tongue and smoked gizzard salad. Fiesty as he is after a couple of litres we must remember not to leave him in the bar by himself - I don't think travel insurance will cover midnight rugby with the locals.


And more importantly - Your hosts.....

Benny (aka Monkey #3)
Height: 5'10"
Age: ha ha ha ha ha ha Ben may seem meek and mild but woe betide any one who beleives this facade - Underneath is a wild beer swilling monster more likely to be found stripping in nightclubs (to the delight of the ladies - video available on request) rather than helping old grannies corss the road. He has discovered a new game, with his friend Cadbury called catch the rat. France will be a challenge for him having learnt all his french from the Pink Panther films and the policemen from Hallo Hallo

Helen (aka Hells Bells )
Height: 5'7"
Age: 25 (and no laughing) Helen's main task will be translating us out of trouble in the bars, the resturants and nearly every situation we get our selves into. Her penchant for all things winey means that she can be regularly found on top of tables or underneath them terrifying the locals. Her key role in the journey down will be finding us the best and quickest route - shame she doesn't know her left from her right - Holland here we come!





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th November 2006

BON VOYAGE ETC
You're probably there by now,so hope it was a grand trip with no unplanned detours. If you're not there yet,well, I guess there were some detours. Think Cadbury is excellent,looks like you're off across the Sahara. Loads of luck and love. Looking forward to seeing you. Shivering of Tibberton. Bloody freezing here.

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb