getting down to it


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Sauveterre-de-Béarn
November 27th 2006
Published: November 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

old bed roomold bed roomold bed room

THis is how they looked on arrival!!
Firstly sorry for the delay in our blog entries - as you can imagine trying to set ourselves up over here has taken a little time, but now we have the phone and internet installed you find that they should be a little more regular now! Like buses none for ages then about 3 come along at once!

Sooooo Since we have been here we have started work on the centre section of the house, this area only really needs finishing off as it has been modernized already to a good standard but the decoration is not too our liking and if we want to use this part of the house a business it needs finishing to our high standards!!

Already we have removed the laminated flooring and the plastic built in wardrobes and re-painted the room brilliant white, next we shall be on the case of laying the new wooden flooring and painting the large up stairs hall way which will eventually become a reading area for our future guests.

We have also started getting builders to come around and look at the project and as the Marie has stated we will need an architect. At least
old bed room 2old bed room 2old bed room 2

Looks pretty much the same from the other angle!!
one of the builders has looked at the front section and remarked that all the heavy and expensive work has been done already (we will see!!!).

Cadbury the land rover has been working very hard shipping us and furniture around the place, have to say I think he was a fantastic idea and we could well have struggled without him. We have the next adventure coming up, where we will have to re-register Cadbury over here and get him some french 64 plates - sounds like another long paper work session in a french office!!!

However a brief summary of our average day so far ... well we get up, a little later than we would normally - the shutters really block out all natural light and you just snooze the morning away if your not careful, so we have taken to setting a dreaded alarm again!! Thought those days were gone but needed as Helen is now starting to work via the internet for the Cavell Group (www.cavellgroup.com) and needs to be fully functional (that means lots of coffee!)

After coffee a short walk to take in the amazing views (and check to see how much
old bed room work in progressold bed room work in progressold bed room work in progress

Have ripped out the wardrobe and flooring making ready for laying new wood floors
the snow has grown on the mountain tops - apparently only 2-3 weeks away from skiing!!) and buy some provisions for the day. The weirdest thing to try and cope with is the temperature - at this time of year we would have been holed up at home with the heating on full and blankets wrapped around helen to stop her freezing - however were walking around in t-shirts and the sun is really warm, around the 20's most days. It does get nippy at night and first thing in the morning but apart from that it's unbelievable!!!! Sorry to let you all know this. We have also been told it's very likely we will be having our Christmas lunch outside!!!

We chop up loads of fresh veg and meat and slow cook a stew or soup that will last for a few meals and we pick at sliced meats and cheese when we get peckish all washed down will either mineral water (straight from the tap) or the local grog and as helen beavers away at the computer I have paint brush or screw driver in hand wandering around the house attaching and painting things. Then un-attaching straightening
Vast hall spaceVast hall spaceVast hall space

Next big task is to paint the large hallway - should keep me busy!!
and re painting!!!

The day is finished off with a short walk around the town, possibly a quick glass of wine or beer in the local bar, then we sleep soundly in our quiet room, quiet house on our quiet street in our quiet town!!! I might use the word quiet quite a lot there and for good reason - SHARK EXTREME - came to town on Sunday!!! Oh goodness me what a sunday we have just had!!!!! The next blog will explain all I have to go through the 250 odd pictures I took to find the best ones to explain the - SHARK EXTREME -

Until then be good and hope your all well in blightly.
Ben and Helen




Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb