The Idea


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Gensac
February 14th 2013
Published: February 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So here is the Idea.

My mum is turning 60 this year in August and has very kindly booked and paid for a house in Aquitaine region of France for a week. There are 16 people going including some old family friends and all my family, two sister (one older, one younger) and my brother who is older, all our partners (or husband and wife), my dad and his wife and of course the birthday girl herself, my Mum. As it happens it will also be my dads birthday whilst we are out there two.

I live in Wiltshire in the UK and my other half, 'Chicken' and her two children. The children aren't coming as it is a adults only holiday and besides this way they get to spend two weeks with their dad on the south coast of Cornwall.

So we looked at flying over into Bordaux or somewhere near their and then it stuck me that we could just pop in the car and drive their. Easy as that. No problems........... Well............. Ok its not to the shops but actually not that far. So then we started planning......

We are taking two weeks of work and going to take 3 to 4 days to drive their and 3 to 4 days to drive back. We are going via Loo in Cornwall to drops the kids to their dads house.

So the current plan is this:

Day 0: Drive from Home to Loo and drops the kids off stay the night down their with Chickens Aunt.

Day 1: Get ferry from Plymouth / Portsmouth (I know they are so close) to Northern France.

Day 2: Drive half way down and find somewhere to stop for the night. I estimate about 3 to 4 hours driving. Camp.

Day 3: Drive down towards where we are staying just outside Gensac in the Aquitaine region of France. Arrive after 1600hours

Day 4 - 10: At house....... doing........... well what ever

Day 11: Drive about 3 to 4 hours up the west coast of France. Camp

Day 12: Drive a bit more through France up to Ferry

Day 13: Get Ferry and arrive in Plymouth / Portsmouth

Day 14: Get kids and go home.



Easy as that.............. Well................. We'll see.



More to come........... Tug

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb