Well we've certainly found the summer at Biscarosse Lake


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Biscarosse
June 23rd 2016
Published: June 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

What a great decision to move further south. Would have been a shame to have returned home without finding summer and we certainly found it.

Glorious wall to wall sunshine for 2 days. First day was, have to admit, a couple of degrees in excess of comfortable.

We scootered to the next, all static site along the lake at Gastes and caught up with our old friends. Their thermometer was showing just short of 100 and it was indeed hot.

So hot in fact that when we got back to the campsite and went to the pool we sat entirely in the shade after our swim. Lovely place to be. The bar plays some very pleasant but not invasive music and the temperature out of the sun was perfect. Rest of the day was spent outside under the awning reading.

Next day we scootered up to the town at Parentis en Born where there was a market. Quite a good one with lots of things on offer and I was unable to resist quite a lot of lovely fresh fruit and veg.

We stopped at a couple of spots on the lake on the way back then spent the afternoon in and by the pool again.

The heat was unable to contain itself at night and we were 'treated' to a thunder and ligthening storm, never terribly pleasant in a metal home on wheels but it did cool the air.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb