Invaded a castle....no meat on a stick!!!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
May 31st 2009
Published: June 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So today we travelled into the Alsatian wine region of France. The day started out with a tour guide who was way too happy to be up at the time of the morning! She was good and informative, just a little odd in her ways, but since we had no set schedule, first stop was the train station for people to get tickets, then off we go to the Haut Koenigsboourg Castle. Now as was drilled into our heads, this castle was not for princesses and stuff but was a fortress to protect the region. Kaiser Wilhelm, discovered it, and had it restored though improperly in a few places and with a few of his own touches. However we at SFA invaded it, and since we all made it i guess successfully thanks to Ms. Vivianne. However I feel that meat on a stick is a good meal for after invading a castle. But that was made up for as will be explained later. Next up came the wine region. First thing I learned about wine was why the vineyards are all planted on hills. Good idea!!!! Good thing im not a grape farmer because I would not have thought of using the hills for their fertileness, sunlight and water run off. But I cook so no worries there. Then came a wine tasting, starting off with Sparkling wine. My personal favorite because I am not a big fan of wine. Then there was a very good pinot grios which was nice to try just because it is not very common in the states. Not bad, but not something id buy on my own! This tasting was different from what i was expecting though, it was 4 wines with shot glasses full! Different but fun! It did suck we couldn't tour the vineyards yet, but its still a few weeks before the season is really up and going. To finish the day with 5 different types of tarte Flambe made up for no meat on a stick. BTW look for tarte flambe on the Fredonia menu coming soon. That stuff is good!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb