Live like a king in France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was awesome!!!!!! We started out at a foie gras factory. Though I did not get to see the geese and what not like i was hoping we did get to see all of the manufactoring and spicing, and molding of the livers, as well as a video that explained all this and the cooking method. Now foie gras is very controversial, because basically geese are force fed to fatten up their livers, and some places that try to be eco-friendly like New York refuse to serve it. The protests against foie gras and the strict regulations that manufactures have to follow are found all over the world, but goose and duck liver, and a glass or 2 of wine all before 10 am...Who can complain. That is a life style i could get used to! Next up came a nice little brewery of tour of Kronenburg! And yes European beers are much different from American. They are unpasteurized so lack a bitterness that american beers have, and also flavors seem to more rich. For example Kronenburg is the importer of Guiness for France, Guiness is supposed to have a nice coffee after taste to it due to the barley used in the process. However in the U.S. for some reason it lacks this coffee taste where as at Kronenburg it was very distinct! But thats the cost of having to package for shipping, and government regulations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb