As time goes bye


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Lapland » Levi
October 8th 2009
Published: October 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

As time goes bye so much happened that I'm not able to even write everything at once :-)

The official autuum training started and we train the dogs, of course not with sledges but with Quads. There are 14-20 dogs in front of a Quad and on top of the Quad we have a weight and we are two of us sitting on top of it.
I'm working with Petra at the moment. She's working here since 3 years and she's from Germany.
We work in teams of 3 at the moment so Celia from Switzerland is working with us as well.
It's a lot of work but fun work as well.

It's great to see how the dogs work for us and how they want to run.

After being here a few weeks I can really say that each and every dog for her or himself has his own special character, they like to talk, they are quiet, they are more or less full of temperament, some are tired other awaked dogs.
I don't know all the names yet but some of them are:
Seppala, Emmy, Josie, Momo, Karhu, Elite, Ebony, Umiak, E.T., Even, Eureka, Velvet, Zicco,
little Dlittle Dlittle D

one of the little D's
Zora, mambo, Bungee, Araphoe, Gandolph, Clio, Cornell, Ukon, Ears, Lola, Coco, Nomad, Ultima, Honka, Tipsu, Terttu, Estra, Idaho, Elba, Estra, Noita, Kenai, Dunja, Maybe, Picassp, Earl, Carmen, Smokey, Hercules, Pajalla, Onyx, Ivy, Illumi, Elvis, Quebec, JEsper, Iowa, Ikuma, Alta, Ayla, Alicat, Umbra, Linga, U2, Kyak, Killer, Venice, HAldir, Jolly, Jingo, Zamunda, Niilo, Lamy, Shira, Bobo, Frosty, Valeska, Vishna, Oxana, Owena, Luemmel, Urhu, Kulta, Ginger, Mogli, Hera, Abby, Akasha, Gapina, Hiromi, Goldy, Hurrican... and so on and so on. Over 500 dogs there are and I love all of them :-)

The temperature is constant under zero degrees and the coldest so far one morning was minus 12 degrees but it's not really feeling cold because it's a really dry heat and I wear the same clothes I'd wear if there were plus 10 degrees in Germany :-)
yesterday we've had the first 20cm of fresh snow. AMAZING! It's such a great experience :-)

I'd still like to have some letters etc and I promise I write back :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

busy training trailbusy training trail
busy training trail

Heinz and Michael with Lappland and Petra and I on Finmark
trainingtraining
training

Petra and Ursina with Team Norpol
trainingtraining
training

Reto and Robert with Team Canada


8th October 2009

Wie gehts deinem Finger? :-)
8th October 2009

Hi Melli! The photos speak for himself. I understand that you feel good. So dass wars chon in engl. Sprache Landschaft und Tiere wirklich grandios. I wish you a beautiful time and I send you love :-) Mum
20th October 2009

Super gehts dem Finger, hat halt ne schoene Narbe aber was solls... Erinnerungen :-)

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb