Beautiful Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
May 15th 2009
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Finally a Vacation! Eric and I have been working non-stop since August and were very ready for a vacation. We woke up very early Saturday morning to take the long plane ride across the ocean. Of coarse we could not sleep on the plane (who can) and ended up watching movie after movie. We arrived safely with our entire luggage at 9am Denmark time. Although we were very happy to arrive at the beginning of the day we were very tired. We took the train into town to meet up with Adam and Monica.
After warm showers and lots of coffee we were ready to see the city. Our first stop was for food, we were starved. After looking over the menu at a small café our appetites were no longer huge. The prices of a small meal were unbelievable. A sandwich ranged anywhere from $15 to $25. We decided to split a sandwich and get some more coffee. We then went to the top of a very tall church tower to see the view of the city. What a beautiful city it is with water everywhere! It was then time to get our apartment and wait for Tina’s plane to arrive. Eric and I decided to then take a nap for a couple hours.
When we woke dinner was almost ready! The rest of the night we spent eating dinner then out for an evening stroll. Although it was May it was very cold in Denmark. We had to bundle to stay warm. We stopped at a bar that had seating outside (most bars to in Denmark) that had blankets on each chair to help keep you warm. After a few beers we were ready to turn in for the night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb