Kobenhavn


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
August 28th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Simon and I hopped on the train and steamed into Kobenhavn for a great day of exploring. We walked to the Town hall and I got a famous picture on with the Author of many famous children's stories, Hans Christain Anderson. We weaved down Stroget street to experience the main shopping street and we quickly took a side street that showed us more of quiet Kobenhavn. Thanks to my first class tour guide we found Nyhavn which is where the sailors used to raise hell but now it is all cleaned up and home of the famous boat tours. We jumped on the next touring boat and caught a glipse of Kobenhavn from the water. We saw pretty much the whole city and it was great to hear the tour guide's explaination of it all. A boat tour is a must here.

Simon is in grad school but after the cold boat ride we stopped for a hot burger and he decided that school wasn't a priority this day. We visited the National Museum to brush up on our Danish history. After drying out inside and learning about how the Danish people became who they are now we grabbed a train back to Koge. We had to catch a bus home because Courtney was busy with the baby and we didn't want to walk in the rain. After finally making it home we relaxed with the girls. Tomorrow was another KBH day and we needed some sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Hans Christain Anderson...Hans Christain Anderson...
Hans Christain Anderson...

and the ugly duckling


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb