Quietly Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
November 3rd 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Copenhagen - Hans Christian Anderson, Danish pastries, The Little Mermaid, shiney new metro system, hundreds of attractive people riding bikes, brightly painted buildings, people who actually obey the 'little green man', Carlsberg, hot dogs on every corner and THOSE chairs.

Our weekend in Copenhagen was blessed with bright sunshine and blue skies - the cold temperature was a lot more bearable in the Northern light.

Like every other person travelling to Copenhagen, we followed the well trodden path to all the main sites. The Little Mermaid, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, the deserted Tivoli Gardens (shut up until Christmas), Strøget - the pedestrianised shopping area (is all of Scandanavia this expensive?!) and the botanical park

We also made a visit to two places that don't really spring to mind when you think of Copenhagen!

1. Freetown Christiania. To say it was 'not really our scene' is a bit of an understatement. We didn't stay very long! If you want to find out about Christiania, then try to google it.

1. Erotica Museum. Okaay.... well, in our defence, it was really cold by the afternoon and we had a few hours to kill before our flight home. Not sure what to say about this one except... Casanova was a very bad man, the Romans kept themselves busy during their downtime and that swan was definately being exploited...

All in all a nice weekend away and great dinner at a vegeterian restaurant too.

Oh and those chairs? I saw the miniture versions for sale in a shop window. Only 10cm high, so a perfect accessory for a Barbie that has everything. Price? 90 euros ! No one ever said Copenhagen was cheap!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Carlsberg GlyptotekCarlsberg Glyptotek
Carlsberg Glyptotek

Art museum in Copenhagen


Tot: 0.566s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 27; qc: 136; dbt: 0.1829s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb