Hi Denmark


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
June 18th 2018
Published: June 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Dog TaxiDog TaxiDog Taxi

Look closely where you will find two dogs at the front of this bike waiting for the ride. Sorry Sally, ain't gonna happen.
Our circumstances have altered rather remarkedly following the hop across the pond. Funny how a little bit of Europe does that for us. We love these folks, their culture and architecture. Also the weather has been awesome. Seventies each day and mostly sunny. How folks in the north countries love their summer; they are out everywhere. Of course, they will pay for this dearly six months hence. But for now they have plenty of sunlight and revel in it. In fact, at midnight there is a bit of light (just a bit), while at 2:30 am it is quite bright. And we are not even yet at the higher latitudes.

One humorous encounter to report. We were laboring to decipher the metro self-help machine in Copenhagen (no offices available) when a gentleman offered to assist. Yet as he began he spied his train in the distance-it was also ours! Quickly he inquired our home-Atlanta we replied (surprisingly, most folks are not aware of the location of our actual home in Sautee, so we abbreviate with Atlanta). A wide smile appeared as he gushed over the city, while darting to his train. He poked his head out the door and added,
Stockholm City HallStockholm City HallStockholm City Hall

Nice digs for the town council, don't you think? Bird and HP trekked to the top of the tower-365 steps, one for every day of the year.
"Sorry about Trump though". Poor fella received in thunderous stereo, "so are we"!

But first things first. We know everyone has been waiting with bated breath for a picture of Sally. Her big sister has graciously supplied one, which you will find headlining this post. Is she not just plain cute? Gives Monsters a run for their money in this regard except M4 (Mary Kate).

Okay, now for the business end. We have a couple of days in Stockholm to report and the three in Copenhagen. Baby Bird, what do you recognize from the second city? Yeah, there were a ton of castles and palaces, and we clearly toured too many; we will not burden you with pictures of them all. Suffice to say we saw seven just in the little country of Denmark. My gosh, how many houses within a few miles does anyone need?

Next post will be from the country of the fjords-Norway.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Riddarholmen ChurchRiddarholmen Church
Riddarholmen Church

This guy was reported to have been completed about 1300. Rather large for something in Stockholm then, we think.
Our First FerryOur First Ferry
Our First Ferry

Thought you folks would like to see the rustic nature of ferries;). We took this one from Sweden to Denmark; we expect them to be a bit different in the hinterlands of Norway.
Kronborg CastleKronborg Castle
Kronborg Castle

Our first castle in Denmark. Took this from the ferry as we approached the country.
Viking Ship MuseumViking Ship Museum
Viking Ship Museum

This was previously a Viking assault craft carrying eighty folks away from home on business.
Frederiksborg CastleFrederiksborg Castle
Frederiksborg Castle

Nice name for this place is the conclusion by one of us.
Dog ArtistDog Artist
Dog Artist

Passed this guy and his buddy on a square in Copenhagen. Is he not making a realistic sand dog?
Nyhavn CanalNyhavn Canal
Nyhavn Canal

Colorful, right?
Amalienborg PalaceAmalienborg Palace
Amalienborg Palace

Happened upon the changing of the guard at the Queen's house.
Little MermaidLittle Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Looks a whole lot more impressive here than in real life.


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb