What to do in Cph when your guests only have 44hrs


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
January 29th 2007
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.6763, 12.5681

Well I think we managed to make the most of our latest visitors 20 and 21 TnA's 48 hours - in terms of hanging out together & letting them see the place a bit - they flew into Malmo & arrived in Cph around 4:30pm Thurs so C met them & I was home about 6 & then we went to Spiseloppen in Christiana for dinner at 8 as I thought it'd be their scene (& they loved it) & then woodstock bar and then a few beers at home but the girls retired early enough (well I had a 9am meeting to get up for), then Fri they had a nice lie in and I met the 3 of them in town at 2.15 for brunch & then we did our big walking tour - glypotek, kings library garden, black diamond etc. - or as much as poor pregnant T could walk for but she did real good for a lady with only about 10 weeks to go, ended up back in Christiana for coffee by 5pm (and saw the cops in hassle mode in the cafe) and then had a walk on the ramparts at the lake there & looked at the cool bikes in the shop (actually entered the shop after 16months of looking in the window like deprived kids and investigated the pedersens), then headed homewards by metro but didn't make it home instead went shoe shopping! & then to Blågards apotek for a 'few' and then went for dinner in local place 'Mama Africas' at 9 which was lovely. And around midnight got back & T went to bed (I think the rest of us were probably boringly tipsy) & I promptly fell asleep in a the chair so the lads we Pro-evoling til 5am. But the best thing was it started snowing on Fri night so it was a winter wonderland when we got up on Sat so we took them to our local park/grave yard (Assistens where Hans Christian Andersen etc buried) which looked brilliant with virgin snow and then they had to go get the bus for Malmo (but at least they crossed the coolest bridge in europe) and that was it.

Then Sat night we were invited to dinner in our only friends here's place (an irish couple about 10 years older than each of us) and then their danish/portugese neighbours (who are more our age) were having party so we went in there for a while. Drank a bit too much so you know how it is, yesterday was a write off but hey its winter & lying on the couch really is the thing to do. Only 8 weeks and 5 days left here ....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.311s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb