Day 3


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 11th 2006
Published: July 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The GroupThe GroupThe Group

All of the Mizzou and Czech students posing in front of the Charles Bridge.
Ahoj!

Today was another busy day for me in the Czech Republic. We started off our day with class in an advertising agency, Young and Rubicam. The nice thing about having class in the agencies is that they have food and drink laid out for us. Anyway, in class this morning, our discussion centered around the Brand Czech Republic (yesterday we talked about Brand USA). This was actually very interesting. We ended up having a long conversation about logos for the country, apparently they've been trying for a long time to find a logo that works.

After lunch we crossed the Charles river to the other side of the city. We went up a hill to go to Mark BBDO, another advertising agency, for class. There was a gorgeous church at the top of the hill, as well as a great view of the city. The agency is actually in a very old building, and apparently royalty lived there for a time before the castle was built. I thought it was very strange that an ad agency was occupying such a historical place, but in Prague almost every building is historic.

After class we walked through a cemetary
At the PubAt the PubAt the Pub

Enjoying some Czech beer at the pub yesterday
around the church. Many famous people were buried there (I looked, no Sedlaceks.) After that we went to the catacombs, which was very cool but also very creepy. We walked through a long narrow passageway with very little light to get to a huge room. Many old statues were moved in the room in the 1990's, mainly of saints.

After that we went into Old Town with our US teacher and several of our new Czech friends. Unfortunately, we did not get a whole lot of time to look around, but we did manage to snap a few pictures. We went shopping in Old Town, including a visit to a 7-story shoe store (I think Kelly would have been in heaven!!!)

After shopping we went back to the dorms and I uploaded some pictures. I hope to post all of them in the internet soon. After a little while we went to a Pub in Old Town with some of our Czech friends. Yes, I drank more Czech beer.

After a beer some people in our group went clubbing, but the rest of us went to a park to sit around and relax. After that we took
In ClassIn ClassIn Class

Posing for a "learning picture" after classes.
the Underground home. My friends and I hung out for a little while, and now here I am!

Tomorrow we are hearing a series of presentations from various Czech business and governmental organizations on their contributions to the Brand Czech Republic, then after that, who knows?


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Snapping PhotosSnapping Photos
Snapping Photos

Getting some good pictures with Maxine
In front of the churchIn front of the church
In front of the church

My friend Sarah and I striking a pose


12th July 2006

Love the Pics!
Hi KT - thanks for addiing the pictures. They're great! It's good to see you in class too!! Glad all is going well. Everything looks so pretty! Love you!-Mom
13th July 2006

hmmm
Strange but it appears that even in the class pictures there are beer bottles

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb