Day 2


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 10th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today was a long day, and I should be sleeping but I am doing this instead. Be grateful. Anyway, we woke up this morning for breakfast, but we weren't able to eat anything since the place was packed and the line was so long. We ended up going to a store down the street for juice.

One of the Czech students escorted us to a main building of Charles University. We took the subway there. When we got out of the subway station, I saw the streets lined with the oldest buildings I had ever seen. It was like walking into a movie or an amusement park or something, they were all old and all very pretty and decorative.

We went to the University and met up with the rest of the Czech students. We had a brief intro session in one of the rooms, and then a tour of this building. Their commencement was going on but we were able to get a pretty good tour.

After that we went with some of the Czech students to get our transportation passes. After that, (a lot of waiting around) we went to another building of Charles University, the one that we will be having classes in. We waited for other US students who were buying cell phones and talking to each other and some of the Czech students.

After that, we made our way towards the advertising agency where we would be spending the afternoon. On the way we passed a beautiful view of the Charles Bridge, a definite photo op. We took a bunch of pictures of the group, but since we all had digital cameras and no one wanted to take pictures from 10 different cameras, I wasn't able to get a picture taken with my camera. I should hopefully be able to get some pictures tomorrow.

After that was lunch. We broke into smaller groups and went to restaurants. I had some sort of pasta with chicken in it, although it really didn't have a pasta-like sauce. It was pretty good though. There were 4 Czech students at our table, and they helped with the ordering and deciphering the menu.

After lunch we made our way to the ad agency to start class. There was a presentation on seeing countries as a brand, and then the Czech students did a presentation on how they see the Brand USA. It was very interesting.

Class ended at about 3:30. All of the US students and some of the Czech students went to an outdoor pub to drink beer and get to know each other a little better. (By the way, Czech beer is better than American beer.) We left there at about 6 or something, showered, and went out to dinner at a pizzaria.

One of the Czech students volunteered to take some people on a driving tour of the city tonight. Another girl from my group and I went with her. We went around the entire city. There was a full moon tonight, and all the buildings were lit up. It was so pretty. I took some pictures but they turned out a little fuzzy, maybe I will be able to get them up later after I fix them up a bit.

I got back from the tour at 11:00 or so. The rest of the night was spent talking to the US students in the dorm. We're really getting to know each other very well.

Tomorrow is more class, and we're going to two different ad agencies. I'm not sure what will follow after class, but I'm sure it will be fun!!!

Advertisement



11th July 2006

:-)
Hi, Katie! I subscribed to your blog. It's fun to read about your adventures. That's all! Have fun in classes and exploring Prague!
11th July 2006

Sounds like a great day
Sounds like you had a great first day of class and that you're getting adjusted. Sorry we missed your Skype call. I had the site up but my computer was on mute and I didn't hear your call...DUH!!!! From now on I'll be sure the sound is on and nearby so I can hear it if you call. Hey, what's this about Czech beer tasting better than American beer? How do you know what American beer tastes like! Mom and Dad love you very much (and so do Kelly and Buster).
11th July 2006

Beer???
It sounds like you are making new friends and having a good time. You are going to loose weight if you keep eating such small meals. Of course the beer has calories!! In Europe they drink beer and wine like we drink water. Love you lots and lots.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb