My first overnight train trip! Welcome Prague!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
May 4th 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This train trip was hilarious. Mr Canada was telling me tips on how to A) get the best cabin and B) get a second class cabin to myself.

The solution...

Make the cabin as messy.. as slobby and as horrible as possible so that when other passengers come to sit in your cabin at the beggining of the trip they get deterred by the prospect of sitting with crazy backpackers. For us this meant taking all the dirty washing out and hanging it on the windows and on the seats. Taking our shirts off and hanging them on the door and having food and drink scattered everywhere. The expression of shock on peoples faces when they went to enter the cabin then saw who they would be seated with was priceles. Was the funniest thing to happen so far. Yeh we gotta whole cabin to ourselves for the whole journey.

For the half we just talked and listed to music then slept. The best part was waking up in the morning as the sun came up and the train winded through small villages as the sun rose and the fog loitered. Best feeling ever.

Prague itself is so so so so nice. Its got such European style buildings everywhere. Tall churches with such detailed architechture. We spent the whole day today just walking around all the sights taking it all in. With things bein so cheap (a 3 course luxury lunch costing us CHEK298 (5 Pounds) we are millionaires in a poor mans village. Mind you I did lose 60 Dollers earlier today through shear dumbness... never mind how it happened its over now 😊.

All is well... we are staying in an awesome hostel at the moment and am enjoying it all very much. Where to next I am unsure. Maybe spend the rest of the week here in Czech then head out somewhere unknown. Budapest has been highly reccomended time and time again. Maybe a bath in there so well known public open baths!

k33p walking mwahaha



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



15th May 2006

Nice Myspace pose in pic 9.
19th August 2006

Hey Man
Hahahah ur good at writing man, reading this brings back so many memories. hows the rest of the trip gone?? email me if u have time sapelak@hotmail.com from Mr Canada who gave advice on train travel Adam

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb