OH NO!!!!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
February 16th 2006
Published: February 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Oh No, the Carpet Layers Have ArrivedOh No, the Carpet Layers Have ArrivedOh No, the Carpet Layers Have Arrived

This is looking down the steps to the hallway that leads to the dining room.
They are laying new carpet in our building!!! Nancy is very allergic to new carpets and to the glue used to hold it fast!!! I, Bill, cannot smell the glue when we are in our room, but Nancy can and that is bad news. If there is an odor, does not matter if it is perfume, carpet glue, or fabric softener, Nancy is allergic to it. Years ago the BOE where Nancy worked laid new carpet. It made her quite ill and under doctor's orders she did not enter the building for four months. We do not think this will be that bad as the carpet used here does not seem nearly as offensive as those at home. However the glue is the same one since it smells exactly the same. The labels on the cans of that glue in the USA said use in ventilated areas only. Do not use in areas where anyone will be working, etc. So, poor other people who are living in the dorm. Almost certainly they will all suffer lung and other respiratory damages and later wonder what has happened to them. Nancy made it through the night, however, by the time she was ready to hold her breath and dash down the steps and out the door she had a headache and her teeth were hurting.

A friend, Lina, from Lithuania, who lives in another building is going to be away from the seminary for ten days has offered to let Nancy stay in her apartment. That is the good news. We moved Nancy's stuff to Lena's apartment this evening and she is happily camped there.





Advertisement



17th February 2006

Prayers for Nancy
I will keep you in prayer for the allergies and stuff. I know how serious that is for people. May God bless and keep you both safe and show you new things as you serve. Thanks for the wonderful blogs. I enjoy them thoroughly. :)

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb