Book Discussion Group


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
February 14th 2006
Published: February 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The last three weeks a group of us have gathered together each Monday eveing to discuss a book. Before each session we are to have read the selection for that week. The discussion is a very informal one. Someone makes a comment on the reading or asks a question and away we go. We are working our way through Henri Nouwen's The Way of the Heart: Connecting with God Through Prayer, Wisdom, and Silence. It seems a bit condictory that we sit in a group and discuss the value of solitude and silence. Silence and solitude are not well practiced in our Western culture. Most of us are uncomfortable with both. Try ten minutes of silence in a worship service and see how uncomfortable people become.

Nancy said, "Ten minutes, try five and watch people frown."

The group, like any group here at IBTS, is an international group. Citizens from England, the USA, Hungary and Bulgaria are all represented in the group. This collection of people from many cultures makes for very interesting discussions and viewpoints almost all of which are helpful to all of us.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Olivia and Fancis Olivia and Fancis
Olivia and Fancis

They use the Czech spelling for Francis, but I cannot remember that spelling.


19th February 2006

Book Club
What language do you use for the book club with all those nationalities? I suppose they all speak English. It makes me feel so guilty.
20th February 2006

Looking good!!
Nancy you are looking good. Very beautiful and healthy!!!Andrea

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb