jones be changing the clocks!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
June 22nd 2007
Published: June 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello hello hello hello. i'll start from last night.

for the 3rd night in a row, we decided to have tea at sioux's steak place in krakow, because its super cheap and good. i had grilled chicken again, because its ace and cheap and i cant be bothered to waste money on something i might not like. it was good though, and we had a nice time, as usual. then we moved onto another place for a drink and a relaxing chat before going on to the station for the night train to prague. once we were here however, it proceeded to rain. and rain. as hiles said in a ycni:m blog once, it was like that scene in jurassic park. we figured we might as well make a run for the station, and we tried, but the rain and thunder and lightning was too much, so we took shelter in a local book shop. along with about 30 other people. it was packed! and the rain continued, we're talking torrential rain, super bad rain. and lightning. it was pretty mad really. after about 20 minutes of me going 'it isnt going to get any better', we decided to run for it. so we ran, and ran. me and minor were in army chant mode, which added to the hilarity. all great fun. got to the station, spent the last of my zlotys (what can i get for 1.33zl? 3 sticks of gum? sold!'), and got on our train. we had booked 4 beds in a 6 bed couchette, and it turned out that one of the other guys was one of the americans that we had met at auschwitz, which was great, and eased all our nerves. the krakow-prague train is a bit notorious, but in all honesty we had no problems at all. theres still something unnerving about being woken up by a policeman with a gun demanding a passport, but hey, all good fun.

i didnt sleep that much, because the window was wide open, and that means one heck of a draft and one heck of a noise. and people were snoring. gah!

arrived in prague, checked in, and walked around. i've been here before, and its amazing how much of past visuals stay with you. found it pretty easy to navigate little streets and whatnot, and we went to the wax museum that me and gemma had gone to on last visit. still as hilarious as ever, although extra hilarity due to louie armstrongs likeness to jones. brilliant.

went over the charles bridge, got an ice cream, came back to the hostel. going to go for a wander tonight again, just to get barings. we've got 3 days here, so we should be able to rest up, get washing done and recharge abit. getting severly knackered, a mixture of disrupted sleep, lots of walking and mass sunshine, definitely adds to tiredness. keep meeting people though, had a nice chat with a girl called virginia from south london before coming on here, although supposedly im a very defensive person. i say its cause she asked me the wrong questions, the questions that always have defensive answers. you know the ones.

where are you from? welshpool, in wales. but it isnt really wales. but im not english. but i dont care about being welsh.

all good though. so yes, in prague, should be a nice few days. the moustache is returning. score!



Advertisement



23rd June 2007

Bills I am jealous of your European gllavantings but am enjoying your blogs, they're marvellous, keep it up, and keep having a good time! xxx
24th June 2007

Well, Czech my Republic
Hello old friend, I have just discovered your blog. I feel obliged to tell you that your style of writing is an endearing combination of encapsulating subject matter brilliantly summarised alongside the true 'Bills' comic timing. I doubt I would be alone in encouraging a short book from you? Just a thought! Anyway, I hope that you are happy and your travels fulfilling. I am insanely jealous of your adventure, so will leave you to it. All the best Tom :)~

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb