Prague.. bringing back odd memories


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
March 28th 2007
Published: March 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, its been a while, but I've finally come back to Prague, after the first... memorable trip here when we were in what, year 10?

The last few days in Berlin were.... interesting. The highlight was definatly the demonstration we saw. We left the hostel with the intention of wondering down to the Brandenburg Tor to get some photos, since I'd forgotten my camera the last time we were there, when we suddely realised we were surrounded by police. Lots of police. Lots and lots and lots of police. As we got closer to the gate, we realised that round by the Reichstag and the gate, there was a huge party being held for the E.Us 50th birthday. We had a wonder round, then went back to find out why there was such a police presence back by the hostel. Well, we found our answer- thousands of people, dressed in black hoodies and sunglasses, holding socalist flags, protesting the E.U's veiw on something or other. Very possibly the cost of garments in black. When I get round to uploading the photos, you'll see why.

We joined them for a bit, following them around, getting nasty looks from police men, since we were dressed the same way. We then gave up, tried to get back to the main party, only to stopped from getting any closer by men with big guns. We eventually had to get out our passports to prove we were tourists rather than evil socalist teenagers. Fun!

Prague is strange. I half remember huge amounts of it, and other bits I can't remember at all. More on Prague when we've been here a bit longer. Dave, over and out.

Advertisement



2nd April 2007

I knew a gap year was a good idea, I can't wait for mine to start. Have loads of fun.

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb