Our last day in Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
November 28th 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Good morning everyone,

We are up and at 'em this morning because we leave for Iceland today. Booo hooo......our last stop on the journey!

We had a fantastic time last night! We had our city tour in the afternoon, and then headed to the Castle, to the Cathedral, etc. Unfortunately, it was already dark and my camera doesn't take very good pictures at night, but I tried!!!! We saw the famous "Fred and Ginger" buildings; I had to try and get that shot from the bus. It was a challenge. Most of us were out and about yesterday and loving the opportunity to walk around this City. We love Prague and highly recommend it to everyone!!!! We've had fun here.

While it has been overcast, it has not been cold so that makes for delightful walking. I have been a bit of a novelty as I still am wearing my sandals. I hate wearing socks and shoes, but will be putting them on as we head to Iceland today. Sounds like the weather is pretty good there! And fun times lie ahead as well........a Christmas concert, a swim in the Blue Lagoon, a gala farewell dinner.........you won't want to miss that blog. I will also be doing a Blog Finale (of course!) and will attempt to capture a lot of different types of pictures for you, along with comments from everyone as to the highlights of the trip, funniest moments, etc.

So, after we left the Cathdral yesterday, we drove out to the country and had a dinner and Folklore performance by some young dancers. What a fun night. The food was great; there was wine, food, laughter, music, dancing........who could ask for anything more! Many of our tour group headed to see/hear Vivaldi instead and I can't wait to hear about that experience. There really is a lot to see and do here.

But we had fun and it was an early evening, so that was good (for all of us "sickies" who are still fighting the cold!). The rooms here are typical European.......small! But they are quaint too. We are in a very old building right near the Square, so there's lots of character around us.

And that's that. Thanks for the Comments and e-mails this morning. I will pass the messages on to Gail, Kevin (who, by the way, showed us all
A guard on duty at the CastleA guard on duty at the CastleA guard on duty at the Castle

Can you imagine doing this all day?
the video stream of their adorable little grandchild!!!!!) and to Tina (who is having a great time too). (Kate, nice to get your comment. I was going to send you a note and see how you are doing.)

Bye for now,

Happy Pat


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Diane and RemoDiane and Remo
Diane and Remo

Boy, did they show us how to dance! Go Remo!!!!!
Fred and Ginger buildingFred and Ginger building
Fred and Ginger building

Best shot I could get from the bus!
Me and ElvieraMe and Elviera
Me and Elviera

We always have fun together......
The music was great!The music was great!
The music was great!

But, boy, was it hot in there!
Me and JamesMe and James
Me and James

He tried to escape, but we got him at the door. He's from London and travelling with his lovely wife Margot.
Just having tooooo much fun!Just having tooooo much fun!
Just having tooooo much fun!

Me and "sister" Lynn (from Leduc)
Nice jugs, Tina!Nice jugs, Tina!
Nice jugs, Tina!

That's a quote from Ben.......not me!
Beautiful place for dinner!Beautiful place for dinner!
Beautiful place for dinner!

My friends wanted to sit by the fireplace.......geez, it was warm! But beautiful ambience!
The musiciansThe musicians
The musicians

Check out their instruments!
Our 2 performersOur 2 performers
Our 2 performers

They were most entertaining!


28th November 2006

Prauge looks beautiful....
Pat, those are beautiful pictures of Prauge. I can't believe the tour is almost over. Your blog has been the highlights of my days for the month of November as we sit in this deep freeze with so much snow I don't know where to put it when I shovel!! Looking forward to your Iceland blog. Take care.....hope you're feeling better soon.
28th November 2006

Can't believe your whirlwind tour is almost over ... what incredible memories ... thanks for sharing them with us. Looking forward to seeing Iceland through your eyes!
28th November 2006

Baby it's cold outside!
Good morning sunshine! This morning in Spruce Grove, Alberta, it was -30c, and the with the windchill, it felt like -40c. I love the sound of the snow squeaking under the tires. Apparently all the snowplow guys are working for private companies, because the city roads are ridiculous while the mall parking lots are free and clear. Puts everyone in a Christmas mood, that's for sure! Do you see any evidence of Christmas in your travels? I told the kids you'd be in Iceland, and they are pretty excited you'd be within driving distance of Santa's workshop! Enjoy the rest of your incredible journey, but I know all your friends and family will be equally relieved when you're back on Canadian soil.
28th November 2006

Thanks Pat
Pat, thank - you so much for sharing your wonderful trip with us and also for keeping me up to date on my mom and my aunt's (the sisters)whereabouts. You have taken some truly amazing pics - even from the back of a moving bus.
28th November 2006

Just like being there
Pat, thanks for sharing all of your comments and pictures. We are amazed that 'Sister Anne' is behaving in every picture! The Dowlings.
28th November 2006

Fred and Ginger
Okay, you have piqued my interest. What are the Fred and Ginger buildings and why are they so named?
30th November 2006

Ben is at basketball. How are you? In Iceland have you slipped on the ice? I am happy! Is it pretty? Ben does piano lessons.
30th November 2006

"Hi" Aunt Pat, I just would like to say did you have a good time in Prague? And i hope you`ll enjoy the rest of your trip!
30th November 2006

Brrrr!
Checked the blog and didn't find a new entry. Guess your trip is winding down. Enjoy the last few stops! The best part of you coming home is knowing that I will see you in December (even though it's damn cold here) and hearing about your trip in person. All the best!
30th November 2006

Response to Evan Fortin
Hi Evan, I had a great time in Iceland. I didn't slip on the ice, although there is plenty of it, especially around the Geysers! It is beautiful here and I love the fresh, crisp air!!! See you soon. Love, Happy (Aunt) Pat
30th November 2006

Response to Ben Fortin
Hi there Ben! Yes, I had an incredible time in Prague, thank you! I love that City and would like to return some day for a longer visit. Ben, you would love Iceland! Such gorgeous scenery! Can't wait to chat with you when I get home. Loved getting your notes. Happy (Aunt) Pat

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb