Off to the Czeque Republic


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
October 12th 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was off to Prague bright and early on the bus with Dax. We stopped off on the way at Terrizen Concentration camp for a tour and a look at what really went down in these Nazi run playgrounds. Its hard to believe that humans could actually treat other human beings this way...The cells were tiny and dark and the conditions were undescribable. We even got to see the execution grounds were their was a deadly feeling in the air...All together it was a really confronting experience and tis so hard to believe all this went down only 50 odd years ago. We pushed on though and it was onto Plus Prague Hostel.

The hostel had its own pool, resteraunt and bar and was a pretty cool place to stay. Entering Prague you could tell we had now officially entered an eastern european country...Things were really cheap away from the tourist spots and alcohol was begging to be drunk hehe. That night we ate cheap food and smashed down a little drink called Absinth hehe. Day 2 we got up early and helped ourselves to the free breakfast...yum yum...before heading into town for a free walking tour.....With our expectations high from the awesome tour in berlin we were bitterly dissapointed when we couldnt even find the guy and missed the leaving time....Not to be too disheartened we set off on our own little self guided tour, ate potato pancakes, sipped cocktails at the Astronomical clock and explored all the old town had to offer....We then found a later tour that explored the back alleys so opted to try that out.....The old town has so many nooks and cranies and was beautiful.....We hopped on a boat from Charles Brige and then took a 50 min cruise up the river which provided some spectacular views. Next it was off to see the castle. On our way we found the Absinth shop and made a quick detour inside.. Andy enjoyed the flavoursome Absinth icecream wich was on offer and sampled some of the many different kinds the Czech Republic had to offer. We finally made it to the castle though and it did not dissapoint..This place was breathtaking and so medevil....Nothing like we had ever seen before. After about an hour of taking it all in we then headed back to the hostel and out for tea at a lovely mexican place where Andy got smashed off another Absinth taste testing.. We then staggered to bed in preperation for Cesky Krumlov the next Morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

cheap chinesecheap chinese
cheap chinese

ate a two course meal and two drinks for less than 8 dollars


1st November 2009

=)
Haha....Andy sure looks wasted!

Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb