Difficulties in the rain


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
June 1st 2013
Published: June 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

01 June 2013

It’s been a difficult start to June.

When I returned to the van after posting the blog last night, Wendy reported that rainwater had been dripping from the roof light over the settee which is also our bed! The rain fortunately stopped and bit of investigation showed where it was coming from but I couldn’t identify the cause, however I taped up a plastic dish to the ceiling in the hope of catching any further ingress. Soon after we went to bed the rain started again in earnest and we got further water on our duvet which meant rigging up mark 2 water catcher using a washing up bowl and the canopy rafter. This fortunately worked.

When we emerged in the morning I noticed that one of the tyres appeared to be partially flat. It proved to be so which required a wheel change with the help of our Dutch neighbour. Wendy was also able to retreat from the rain to their van to keep warm and drink coffee while the job was done. Thank you to you both.

The weather was so foul we decided not to go to Plitvice Lakes but instead drove the 250k to Croatia’s second city, Split enjoying at a small bistro on the way beautiful roast pork cooked on a spit over an open fire. As a final problem to overcome the camp site put us on a pitch next to the rubbish containers which gave off an awful smell of rotting fish. After playing our faces they were able to move us!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb