Dubrovnik to Korenica


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
June 18th 2011
Published: June 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had one more day in Dubrovnik.We spent the morning repacking our luggage ready for departure . After a week here things become chaotic, and it asks for redoing suitcases. After lunch we set of to the old city again to make it a night out. We had dinner there on the square and it developed into nice romantic dinner. Platter for two it was cold, all meat and veggies we could not eat it all and had to leave some. No room for dessert either. We walked for the last time the Placa Stradun, a picture post card with all the lights on and people taking their evening stroll. We had to say Good Bye and took the bus back to our flat. We made it an early night so we were fresh to tackle the road again. We had to travel a few b-roads before we were directed to the Autobahn. That was after another encounter with our friend Tom Tom. We thought it sent us up the garden path but we kept believing in it and in the end we came out on the right place. We had 260 kilometres of Autobahn but than we were back on small roads with all the problems of trucks and farmers to cope with. That also has cost us some money. After passing a truck we went a bit to fast to the liking of two Police officers. They stopped us and even trying to argue our way out did not stop them to fine us on the spot. Our speed was 26 kilometres to fast and we had to pay the equivalent of $100. That was there and then. After paying that we were free to go. We reached Korenica late afternoon. We had to do some asking but found the place we booked. Very friendly people. The first room they showed was not that good and it must have showed for they gave another room that was better. There was time for a shower before we had tea. And it was a shower. lately we had to lay on your knees to be able to get water on your body. The shower head was sitting to low. This time we had a real shower and we can wash our hair now. Tomorrow we visit Smiljan and the museum of Nicola Tesla. That sounds interesting. A visit to the Plitvicka lakes is next. Bye for now Liz & Allan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb