Happy Birthday Pauline!


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia
August 24th 2016
Published: August 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Our vacation just got an upgradeOur vacation just got an upgradeOur vacation just got an upgrade

This is a great location for two families. Last night we sat by the pool watching bats swoop overhead eating flies.
After a morning walk through Veli Varos yesterday we drove from Split to Zaton, just outside of Zadar.. The coast road was awesome, until it wasn't. Two thirds the way to Sibenik, we were stopped by a forest fire and had to turn back at least 20kms to find a road to the A1 superhighway we dove the other night. The conncting road from the coast to the A1 was narrow, steep, thrilling, and at times a little scary.



We met our friends the Cherevatys when we arrived in Zaton. They are the folks we can thank for talking us into this trip, and we will be travelling with them until we leave Croatia. Renting a house here for a few nights. It's lovely, but last night Abbey and Kira discovered a small scorpion in their room. There was a lot of squealing, jumping and wailing before we caught it. The kids were pretty upset too.



My plan was not to find out from Facebook this morning that today is Pauline's birthday, but things are recovering nicely. We will visit the old town of Zadar for a nice meal this evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Freeby from the apartment in SplitFreeby from the apartment in Split
Freeby from the apartment in Split

I've spent years lowering my standards for coffee, and today all of that careful training pays off. These 3 in 1 coffee sleeves are delicious by my low standards.


24th August 2016

Loving hearing about your trip! Great photos and happy birthday Pauline! ?
25th August 2016

Enjoying your blog...
Living vicariously through you three! ?

Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb