Trogir


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Trogir
August 1st 2013
Published: August 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thursday August 1 – This morning we made some eggs for breakfast and then took the boat to Trogir, a city with a medieval old town. The boat ride took an hour, and I enjoyed seeing the shore from a boat for a change. We arrived around lunch time, so we picked one of the many restaurants that all look exactly the same lining the water and ordered pizza. It was quite salty actually. Not the best I’ve had here. We spent some time walking around the old town, including a long stop at the cathedral. It was built in the 13th century, which of course, still blows my mind. It had beautiful carvings and chapels. It also had a small treasury and a bell tower which was great to climb for the views. When we were done we got an ice cream and sat by the water. We decided to head back to Split to go to the beach there instead of trying to find one in Trogir. We took the bus back this time and it dropped us off at a small bus station close to the apartment, rather than the main bus station closer to the beach. It was so hot and I kept falling asleep on the bus, just from the heat. It makes me so tired. We went back to the apartment to change and then decided to stay home and relax and not go back to the beach today. Instead, we made dinner at home and then walked back in to town after sunset, to see the town in the evening. It was good to see and there were a lot of street performers. There were also a lot of people with yorkies. We saw so many. We walked around, getting a feel for it, and it was still a little warmer than I expected. We stayed for about an hour and then headed back. On a side note, 80s music is extremely prevalent here. It’s everywhere, all the time. Like the yorkies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb