Land of the hairy upper lip


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Hvar
June 3rd 2007
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well it's official - Croatia is the 2007 Hairiest Chick-Mo Nation of the year. (few expected Greece would get knocked out of the finals so easily!)

Teresa could never get a job here waxing - it's obvisoulsly too culturally sensitive. I think a government education campaign is in order - "let's make croatia beautiful", or maybe "mowing the front yard".

Started off in merry old Dubrovnik. Stayed in the old town (with some lovely old birds who'd love Dennis Lillee), walked the wall - looked around and all was sweet - even the stinkin rain would've been alright - if only 1-5 freakin fcked up cruise ships with some overly enthusiastic retirees and knobs filled the streets (I'd hate to generalise... but mostly wearing white sneakers... with cam-corders... speaking loudly... in tour groups... paying in american dollars). The crowds were pretty unbearable during the day - don't know if I could stand it during the peak of summer.

Anway met up with a few dudes goin to KorĨula island - so much nicer, cleaner, quiter, less american, etc. The four of us hired a 4bhp 'speed' boat and cruised around some islands swimmin in some particularly blue water.

Now onto the next island - Hvar (this is how they're spelt - not quite sure how you say them). Rented a room off a lady who obviously wears the pants around the house. Got a 1972 convertible VW Beetle today and cruised around the island (with the same dudes we met). Man this little car was awesome. Swam in even better waters and had even better weather, signs are saying summer may be pretty sweet this year (sorry those in oz... but the rain is good for the farmers).

Off to Split tomorrow, then sadly onto London...

Take it easy all,
steve n teresa

Advertisement



5th June 2007

london is exciting
i can see you guys are having a good time, i just came from maldives. it was work, but working from a live aboard. waking up with the sunrise and sitting on the sundeck while surfing internet. jee is not very happy about my work .. he heh .. by the way she says hi.... don't say "sadly to london" ... there's never been a better time. the temperature is high, blair is leaving, every house is worth a million, gordon is going to be the jester. so much to look forward to. see you in london.
6th June 2007

Croatia was one of my favourite countries in Europe!! Not really a fan of Split though, too touristy...but the islands were awesome...be sure to do some skinny dipping while your there ;-)
11th June 2007

Modesty please
Please refrain from removing your pants in the Rockies to avoid dangers such as frostbite, and upsetting locals (although you may repel bear attacks).
16th June 2007

Fantastic London
Sounds like the drudgery of the Maldives must've been awful... Luckily I've found a nice desk job in a London office to spend my days at... fantastic :-)

Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb