Dessert 1st then Vivaldi


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
July 4th 2014
Published: July 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Dessert with the FamilyDessert with the FamilyDessert with the Family

Introducing Bekki to the Furst
Great thing that today was warm, 80’s, and sunny. We had to check out of our apt by 11 and no one wanted to wake up.

Dale and I walked to the store for bread, pastries and coffee. We got back and food was devoured.

We took Bekki and all to the old city for 1 quick look as we all had to go our way. We showed them the fortress, the egg shop where I bought some eggs and then stopped to have a dessert at the Furst.

Bekki went on to Tobias’ and we went onto Vienna. We had a concert to attend.

I’d bought tickets to hear the Vivaldi’s “Four Seasons” at the St Stephen’s Church. This church is huge, a main feature of Vienna.

We went to the church and picked up our tickets, seating was open depending on the category one bought. One stands in the appropriate line and then 15 minutes before the door opens everyone goes in and finds a seat in their category. We found seats 3 rows from the front and in the center.

For the concert there were 4 musicians; 3 violin and 1 cello.
Inside the St. StephensInside the St. StephensInside the St. Stephens

Waiting for the Vivaldi to start
They played various pieces, including Ava Maria. Between pieces a soloist came out and played the Four Seasons, only accompanied occasionally. The soloist, a woman, was so absolutely amazing. She had such command of her violin that her music filled the church. I will never hear the Four Seasons in the same way again, I will see her power and command of the music.



We finished our evening with a glass of wine, Elias with a Viennese cake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb