Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
October 31st 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We only had one stop in Austria and that was the city of Vienna. It's a nice old city and the first night we all went out to Prater Park, which is an amusement park with the worlds oldest Farris Wheel. It's massive and each ‘section’ is basically the size of a small train carriage, some even have tables and chairs for dining.

The next day was pretty much free time and I managed to catch up with Ben, a mate from Australia who was on a different tour. In the afternoon we visited a Schnapps Factory and also an old palace in the heart of the city. That night was an excuse to dress up all sexy again as we went to see a Mozart and Strauss concert in the same building that Mozart had grown up in. It was an 8 piece orchestra with extra singers and dancers to keep us amused.

On our way out of Austria the next day we were given the opportunity to visit a Concentration Camp at Mauthaussen. It was a gloomy couple of hours but it was something worth seeing with your own eyes. We watched a 40min video and then we were free to browse around and have a look at the gas chambers and also various crematoriums and dorms. Not pleasant.

Next stop… the Czech Republic.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb