Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
August 20th 2008
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Venice - Vienna

20/08/2008

ViennaViennaVienna

Another tasty dinner around the Topdeck bus
We needed to pack up our tents and be ready to go very early this morning because today was the single longest drive day of the tour, Venice to Vienna. Before we left we said a sad goodbye to the people who were leaving us today as we headed for our next destination. We spent the entire day in the Topdeck van, except when we stopped for a short lunch at a service station just off the motorway. It wasn’t until late afternoon when we finally arrived at our campsite in Vienna. We setup our tents and Gavo began to cook dinner, I again thought it was time to do some laundry but went to find that it was extremely expensive, more than any other place we’d been so far, I decided to leave it.

We ate dinner and cleaned up, played a quick game of cricket then we all jumped aboard the bus to take a trip to the local fair ground. Hannah and I didn’t want to spend too much money as in places like this it quickly disappears. We jumped on a few good rides then had a quick look around one of the oldest theme parks
ViennaViennaVienna

Lunchtime break on way long drive to Vienna
in the world. We took a ride on the famous Ferris Wheel which was the only thing that remained undamaged in this area during the war, it was really good. Finally we met the group at the dodgems and had an all-out session of carnage as every car was taken by the Topdeck Group, it was hilarious. It was a shame that we couldn’t spend more time out here, it was 9PM and we had to drive back to the campsite. I know it was because Billy had been driving all day but I was starting to feel a little like we had a babysitter, though it was still a good night out.

Day 13:
Venice - Vienna
360 MILES TRAVELLED // 2410 TOTAL
Camping Neue Donau

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb