Snow capped peaks of the Austrian Tyrol.


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol
July 13th 2019
Published: July 25th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Apologies to those of you have already read this bit. I decided to split the last one into two but forgot to delete this text from the last one. The photos however are different and correspond to this blog.

_------------_-----------_------------_-----------_------------_--------

Saturday 13th July

Our next stop was the Austrian Tyrol. As we drove along, the scenery changed from tall grey craggy mountain tops to high, grassy peaks changing to rock at the very tops, but just as beautiful in their own way and equally as high.
Our guest house in the Tyrol was again a traditional wooden alpine house with bright red flowers flowing over from multiple balconies. Close by was a fantastic restaurant we could just walk to and eat amazing food cooked especially for us.

Petra the owner of the guesthouse informed us that the price of the room included a free pass for the bus to Lech and also free access to the cable cars there. Great surprise!

We had booked two nights here so next morning we had a whole day to spare to take advantage of the bus and cable car pass. A German couple, also guests at our place, came to the bus stop too and ended up being our guides for the day which was very usful as Andrea had been coming to this area since her childhood and knew it well.

After a 50 min hair raising bus ride, due to narrow steep sided roads and a crazy driver, we arrived at Lech. The four of us took the cable car to the top of the mountain and spent a good hour there looking around then it was back down to Lech where we took another cable car up to the summit of a different mountain. From there we had to transfer to a chair lift to go even higher. We were blessed with amazing views.

After about an hour up there the grey clouds gathered so we headed back down before the rain came. Thankfully it only did a short sharp shower and we were soon back at our guest house getting ready to eat again in the lovely nearby restaurant.

Next day we said our goodbyes and were soon back on the road again!

Keep scrolling g down pat the ads to see more photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

5 star hotel5 star hotel
5 star hotel

We preferred our homely gusthouse


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb