Graz


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Styria » Graz
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kunsthaus Kunsthaus Kunsthaus

Modern architecture for the Art Gallery in old section of Graz.
In Graz we walk around the city the first day and go to an opera, Der Evangelimann, and a Cabaret Show in the evening. Both are very enjoyable. Saturday we cycle in the countryside west of Graz and go to see The Merry Widow at the Opera House in the evening. Have a good dinner at 'Im Fuenften', a stylish modern restaurant on top of a new shopping centre near the Opera - has a wonderful view of old Graz.

Our first night at the opera while watching the crowd on the lawn outside from the upstairs balcony, we saw a very elegant woman in long evening dress walking her dog a minute before the beginning of the opera. We were impressed by her dedication to operaanimal care - however we learnt that the dog was on stage during the performance (with the woman).

Graz is full of cycle paths - they take you onto and off sidewalks and roads and the opposite way to traffic on one way streets. Some bike routes in the pedestrian areas are very interactive with pedestrians in that someone is having to jumpdivert.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb