Zurich to Salzburg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
July 28th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday, we sadly left the mountains. We decided to spend a night in Zurich to shorten our trip today to Salzburg. Sherrie had been to Zurich before and I was excited to go. We arrived in the afternoon and checked into a hotel. The backpackers we had been sent to was full so we found a reasonably priced hotel around the corner. It was a cute little room, with two twin beds and a great view of the river. You did want to focus on the view out the window because the view of the carpet was much less enjoyable. We went window shopping since apparently other parts of the world still close on Sundays. Then we ended up by the lake/harbour which was quite nice. We went out for dinner and then for another walk down by the water.

Today we got the train to Salzburg. It took us 6 hours to get here. We checked in at our hostel, exchanged a few words with the reservation desk and comprised on our room and rate. We have a lovely 3 bed room with a private bath. We walked through the old part of town. The Salzburg Festival is on so there are people everywhere. We enjoyed a traditional meal of Schnitzel and apple strudel.

Tomorrow Sherrie is heading to see the ice caves and I think I am going to do the traditional Sound of Music tour. It only seems right when in Salzburg.

Sorry no photos yet. We cannot get this computer to read our memory stick. Hopefully tomorrow.

Steph and Sherrie.

Susie - should I be concerned? At one point today Sherrie shook her head and said "You and my mom should travel together." What could this mean??


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



29th July 2008

Living Vicariously Through YOU TWO
Keep the blogs coming. Between course work and housecleaning, I feel that I am living my vacation through your journeys. Keep the blogs a coming!
29th July 2008

Woot woot!!
Love the updates ladies! The descriptors are awesome!! Keep up the fun!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb