The Hills are Alive with the Sound of.............a Gay Pride Parade


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
July 17th 2007
Published: July 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I think if there is one country on our whole trip that I wish we had spent more time in it would probably be Austria. We had no hostel booked heading into Austria so we basically could get off at any stop but it was late and we decided our best bet at finding a place was Salzburg. Salzburg has gained much of it's popularity as being the setting for the Sound of Music. I haven't seen Sound of Music as a good so unfortunately I didn't recognize any of the setting but Salzburg is beautiful on it's own. Our first day was spent walking around the city and through the shops. I was determined to find a good deal on a cookoo clock as my parents souvenier. Later on in the afternoon we started to hear really loud techno music and followed finding about 15 trucks decorated with people dancing on them throwing lots of confetti. We thought each truck was advertising a different club in the area but a couple told us it was a gay pride parade with club advertisments on each truck. My ears have always been a bit sensitive to loud noise so I nevered cared much for parades but this was worth sticking around to watch. The next day hiked some of the local trails and got great panoramic views of the city. That night we spent some time at Salzburgs biggest beer garten and talked to a British/Kiwi couple who sold their house and are biking for a year throughout Europe and Asia. Someday I have to do that. Maybe Eastern Europe.

Next up Prague


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb