Settling in - two snorkels a day becoming the norm :)


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
September 30th 2017
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This condo is wonderful - two complete bedrooms with nice central area to be shared, with full kitchen 3 tvs - not that we have time to watch anything. Nice balcony. The Caribbean Palm Village Resort has 2 pools but one is under construction. Good parking, and, the most important thing - only 10 mins from our FAVORITE snorkeling area.

We met Francis, our friend from Life is Beautiful, for a morning snorkel to see turtles (success) and breakfast at Linda's for the wonderful Dutch Pancakes. So, we have snorkeled Boca Catalina AND our new favorite place, the elkhorn coral area straight out from Arashi Beach. And the amazing news - John forgot his float yesterday for his first snorkel - but went out anyway to see the turtles, and then just did fine. Today we asked if he was going to take it again and he thinks not. Now we just need to get him a decent snorkel - cuz it's too short.

And we have already visited Zee Rovers, from where we sang our Happy Anniversary to Heather and Dario (4th anni), and saw Linda Schwengle and her son Michel and ate a yummy red snapper and plantains (you can see that eating in Aruba ranks high on the sight-seeing list).

We bought fresh shrimp from Zee Rover and added the yummy ginger stuff that we discovered last visit.

Now for the photos. turtle obviously, not the clearest water. A new b & w fish called a spotted drum. Rock beauty is the yellow & black. We've never seen the adult in all its glory before. And finally just lovely asst of corals and fish at Arashi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb