First Saturday


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba
September 30th 2017
Published: October 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Took John and Robin for their first "big boy" snorkel, and it proved more challenging than expected because the swells and currents did seem more than the day before - Arashi. Everyone agreed the coral was lovely. Did see porcupine fish and those giant rainbow fish, but they were in the distance and fuzzy. It was overcast, so that didn't help. We were aghast to see a big snorkel cruise boat also come into the area. Our friends were VERY brave, however, and we stayed out 1.5 hours, John without a float vest again. Photos later. The rash guards that had evidently blown off the 3rd story veranda showed up at last in the lost and found. We bought John a better snorkel from Aqua Windies. found out that the end was missing the flap that kept water out - no wonder he was suffering from salt water intake.

After a lovely rest, we went shopping, also trying to find the art piece at Mopa Mopa (closed for dinner), and some extra food shopping, and then to a recommended Indonesian restaurant we could actually walk to. Jean's meal was nice, Robin's too, John's amazing, David's sadly disappointing. AND he had been searching for his wallet for a good 20 mins or more (I'm buying him a pink one for Christmas) that was lost in the back of the car on the floor. Anyway, having a lovely vacation, and falling into bed exhausted!!! by 10, ha ha.

That's a purple mouth eel - too bad this blog doesn't take videos. Some lovely coral - such a variety here. And we had to include a surface photo to show you the swells!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 30; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb