At the Costa del Sol


Advertisement
Published: April 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello all

I thought I better finish the blog about my trip to Spain before I set off on my next one!!

So it was a great drive down to the Costa del Sol from Alicante – even better that Terry was driving – thanks, Tel, it’s great for me to have a break from driving myself. The roads are fabulous and at that time of year there wasn’t much traffic. We passed through a range of landscapes – snow capped Sierras, villages with troglodyte cave houses, mountainsides covered in endless olive groves, orange and lemon trees and near Granada there were acres of tree plantations – not sure what they were – birch or aspen but obviously planted as a crop. And then there was “spaghetti western” country but no sighting of Clint Eastwood in his poncho. Between Granada and Malaga there is a new toll road which skims the mountains and valleys with numerous high viaducts – well worth driving it for a few euros.

We stayed a week at my timeshare apartment at Sitio de Calahonda between Malaga and Marbella. An outdoor heated pool, lovely gardens and a spacious terrace enabled us to enjoy relaxing in the sun and even swimming. This was a first visit for Marilyn and Terry to this area and so we visited my old haunts – the lovely Andalucian village Mijas, the stunning gorge at Ronda and the fabulous old town of Marbella.

Food and drink-wise we had brought supplies of wine and port from Terry’s local bodega ( 4euros for a massive carafe of port) – the local supermarkets have all you need and wonderful fish counters. As always the menu del dia is a good buy – there are not many places in Europe where you can get a 3 course meal and wine and water and coffee for about 8-9 euros. And a quiz night at the resort bar was a good deal -5 euros for Lasagna and a drink and to top that we won a quiz and got a bottle of wine prize!!!

So happy days and lovely to spend such a relaxing time with M+T – we will be back.

Next trip is in April to Germany and Holland – at last I will get to see the tulips and go to Amsterdam. I love to get your comments and know that someone is reading this – so hope to hear from you. Love Lynne


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

La Cala (5)La Cala (5)
La Cala (5)

Terry samples a nice cafe con leche.
Mijas Trip (16)Mijas Trip (16)
Mijas Trip (16)

Marilyn wouldn't let me buy a frilly dress.


2nd April 2012

Correction
Sorry folks- I was definitely not in Central America - I just couldn't get the blog to change my location!!!
2nd April 2012

You look so happy!
Glad you have had such a good time. Let us know how you get on in Germany? See if you can find any info. on Playmobil land!! Love Lisa x
2nd April 2012

Costa Del Sol!!! Ah..h..h...h
Hi Lynne How we would love to be on the Costa Del Sol!! We have had SO much rain here and No summer. Did I see Frigliana in your photos? Have you been to the caves at Nerja? We had an all too short week at Nerja in 2009 with Glyn & Howard. We long to go back. Last year we stayed at Playa Flamenca,Torreveija. It was wonderful to be with our London friends there but it is very British and touristy and Nerja is definitely our favourite. Great you are going to Amsterdam. Sounds like it is your first time...which is amazing!! Happy Easter to you, your family and friends.
3rd April 2012

I'll join you next time and help you choose a frilly dress. Spots make me happy!
love the photos lynne- particularly mijas- that's defo a must see! when are we going to get together? what's your July looking like? Big hugs to Terry and Marilyn too. XXX

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb