Day at sea


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
January 21st 2011
Published: March 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ship's libraryShip's libraryShip's library

One of the quiet corners on board ship for those who do not want mass entertainment or the daily game of bingo.
New to cruising the full significance of what I saw when I woke up did not register. Outside our window ( we had upgraded to an outside plus cabin) was water. Lots of it . No land in sight. We should be in the Cayman Islands.

We are still at sea. An announcement comes over the tannoy system from the ship's captain. They are having a spot of bother in the engine room. There's talk of pistons cracking. We have slowed from 19 knots to 8 knots. The Captain says he hopes to get us into the Cayman Islands by tomorrow.
Some passengers are disgruntled. I am relieved. We have a day to acclimatize before starting on some hectic tours Malcolm, my husband has booked us into beginning with swimming with stingrays...

Have a day exploring the ship. The staff, mainly Filipinos and Indonesians, are delightful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. As for the availability of 24 hour food which I had been warned about, yes it is there if you want it and clearly from the size of some passengers they do want it, but the standard of cuisine is much higher than I had dared hope. Yes you can have a healthy diet on board ship, even vegetarian and vegan if you wish.
There is a daily ships newsletter. Notice that they offer lectures on shopping and folding napkins. Decide to give these a skip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb