Arrival in Caribbean


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica
January 20th 2011
Published: March 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We find the transition from plane to ship painless. The whole process is smooth and well organised, such a contrast from ski-ing holidays and the usual bun-fight at Geneva airport with skis, luggage, coaches and private cars.
And yes our luggage, which we had parted with at Glasgow airport did turn up outside our cabin door.

Going in our air-conditioned coach we catch our first glimpse of Jamaica. I have a sense of disappointment. It looks shabbier than I had expected.

The ships photographer is waiting to photograph us as we go on board. After a long flight we are not in the mood for this for we are feeling tired and dishelleved. However, we agree.


Over dinner in the self-service restaurant meet some other guests. They had alreaady been on board for several days. No, they had decided against going ashore because of rumours that it was not safe. In fact some friends of their had returned having been robbed the day before.
"This guy tripped. His wife bent down to help him. Someone appeared from nowhere and grabbed her handbag."






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

CaribbeanCaribbean
Caribbean

Arrival after long flight and feeling very scruffy


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb