Dealing


Advertisement
Published: March 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

After spending a week in Roatan, finding out the marina where my boat is at is closing, and losing my ATM card; I started my journey back home. I spent my time in Roatan diving and lounging around the island. After tiring of the commercialism and high prices of everything except the diving, I headed over to Utila for two days. Utila has a much more relaxed atmosphere and I enjoyed my time there so much more.

Hopping on a bus to San Pedro Sula, Honduras, I found myself awaken to the heat of the afternoon sun. (I would like to point out that I had chosen a charter service over a chicken bus, because they are less of a hassle on longer trips. Of course since this was my thought it wasn’t going to work out that way).

Why are we stopped on the side of the road I thought quietly to myself?, then I thought it out loud.

Apparently all the gentle treatment our vehicle had received from the driver had caused the engine to go on strike. After spending I don’t know how long in the middle of nowhere a second bus arrived. My joy was short lived. We were treated to sharing the interior of the bus with its already previous passengers and all of our luggage, since the compartments were already full.

So much for avoiding traditional chicken bus travel. After changing buses in San Pedro and then once more along the main highway we arrived at the boarder crossing…Closed. We stayed in a little village near the boarder and crossed the next day. I spent my remaining days in Placencia and Caye Caulker. It has been an amazing trip and I can’t wait to return.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Sunken boatSunken boat
Sunken boat

This is what happens when everyone on the boat "Turns themselves around"


31st March 2006

Living the dream
Ryan, I'm still trying to understand you. I thought you were working? Now you are just being a world traveler living the life? Hmmmm? That or be a glorified telemarketer. HMMMM???? I'd have to go with what you are doing! I appreciate these updates and they do a great job of keeping me from my job. Nothing like living vicariously through your friends :). later, Chris

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb