St. Barts


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Beach DayBeach DayBeach Day

Jen and Kona just swimming around in the azure waters of Anse de Colombier. Nothing like a beach day!
We are off sailing again- yohoo! The mast was repaired, the sails were back on, and we were anxious to get a move on- it was time to leave St. Martin. So we made the 9:30 bridge opening and set sail for St. Barts, a quick 20 mile trip to this swanky little island. And sail we did! We are happy to report that the Rum Runner is up and running again under full sail. It was a fun day trip to St. Barts, we threw in a tack or two, and arrived at Anse de Colombier by the afternoon.

Anse de Colombier is a secluded bay on the north end of St. Barts and is a protected marine reserve (which always means great snorkeling with healthy reefs and tons of fish and sea life- we love visiting these underwater parks). It is only accessible by boat or by foot along a mile long hike thru the craggy hillside and steep cliffs, so it is very quiet and peaceful. It has a perfect little beach, crystal clear turquoise water, and lots of turtles swimming about. We spent most of our time here in St. Bart's just swimming off the boat
Rum RunnerRum RunnerRum Runner

The Rum Runner, anchored out in Anse de Colombier, St. Barts. Sure is good to be cruising again!
and playing with Kona at the beach (some of our favorite things). It was a great little anchorage and we certainly loved our time here.

We also took the dinghy over to Gustavia, the main town of St. Barts, to check into customs and immigration and take a stroll through town. And all I can say is that it is tres chic here in Gustavia- holy cow! All the streets are lined with fancy boutiques and high-end fashion. And the people watching is amazing, you never know when you are going to run into some famous movie star or musician or fashion model here. So after a little shopping and a quick drink at the famous Le Select Bar (the bar where Jimmy Buffet plays when he is in town) we went back to our secluded anchorage for some R&R.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Secluded BeachSecluded Beach
Secluded Beach

This secluded beach in St. Bart's used to belong to the Rockerfellars- before they gave the land to the Marine Reserve Park. Up on the cliff is their house- very cool!
Happy DogHappy Dog
Happy Dog

Kona, digging in the sand trying to get the stick. Have you ever seen such happy dog- he sure does love his beach days!
AnchorageAnchorage
Anchorage

The anchorage at Anse de Colombier- we gotta love the national marine parks. Pristine water, reefs, and tons of fish and turtles abound.
GustaviaGustavia
Gustavia

The main town of St. Barts, packed with mega-yachts and sailboats- tres chic!
Town DockTown Dock
Town Dock

The town dock in Gustavia, packed with very nice tenders.
Oh La La!Oh La La!
Oh La La!

The shopping in Gustavia is amazing- nothing but fancy boutiques and high fashion. Of course we visited on a Sunday, so everything was closed.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb